Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - Starting up Simtractor (on Vista) [Solved]
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
Starting up Simtractor (on Vista) [Solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Starting up Simtractor (on Vista) [Solved] Reply with quote

I have followed the instructions about the instaltion of simtractor V4 given at http://www.simtractor.com/download.php, installing the directX and the game and as far as i know i have done all the things it recommends to vista uses (e.g. running as administrator)

However when i come to double clicking on the simtractor.exe icon on my desktop and a new window comes up asking whether i should allow program to run(vista only i think i click allow and i get the new simtractor log picture of the feeding......however within a few seconds i get amicrosoft windows box coming up saying:

The program has stopped working, windows will notify you of the problem or something like that

and then theres a box at the bottom of the window saying close program.

This is the second time i have tried installing and uninstalling simtractor and it hasn't worked both times. Does anyone know what i should do?

Thanks
team-hansen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting up Simtractor (on Vista) Reply with quote

hi

I have altso vista and i had altso that problem (or something like that)

i just deletet it and downloaded directx and simtractor "splittet" and then it worked

sry my bad english Rolling Eyes
ben
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Vista, a typical solution to these problems is to run the program as administrator, which you can do by simply right-clicking on the shortcut or program and selecting the “Run as Administrator” option.

Or, to avoid always doing this, you can set you shortcuts to run the programs they link to always as administrator. You can do this by right-clicking on a shortcut -> Properties -> Advanced.

This will bring up the Advanced Properties window. Just check the Run as Administrator option.

While this doesn’t eliminate the nagging prompts, at least you don’t have to right-click on a shortcut any more.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem now solved!

Many thanks "team-hansen" and to you Ben, and like many others i can now confirm that Simtractor V4 is an amazing game!

Thank you
IHguy712

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: One Problem Solved, Another Created Reply with quote

I also had the same trouble, so I changed the administrator option to always run as such, but it still won't open correctly, it only shows a simtractor tab but does nothing with you click on it and right clicking doesn't do anything either. any help is appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: