Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - Stupid mistakes on the farm
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
Stupid mistakes on the farm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1993

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Stupid mistakes on the farm Reply with quote

i thought i would make a topic about the blonde moments you have had wether it has been driving a tractor to feeding a cow. Heres mine. Well one day i was chisel ploughing with the john deere 8520. I had to take it up the road to get it refueled and once i got back to the field, i hooked her into gear and started ploughing but i could only go 30 metres without it bogging in. I spent 30 mins trying and trying, raising the machine and trying everything. So then i thought i would call up dad on the uhf (radio) and it turned out that i didnt turn on front wheel assist. Since i had to take it up the road i turned it off and forgot to turn it back on,

I also have had a few blonde moments using greenstar gps. I was gassing one morning, and on my first run i lined up the tractor and turned on resume button, but the tractor did go into gps mode. It took me about 5 minutes to work out but i forgot to gress the turn gps on, on the touch screen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst is simply forgetting the left hand front wheel when reversing with a silage trailer. Made a nasty mess of the gate but.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my worse... well it was when I just started driving the tractor but... I sorta drove into a wood gate post... gate fell off, cast to hold the exast cracked, and bent up the exast and some other things
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had loads.........................

The main one is probably when i was just about to go rolling, and i had to hitch up the roller, and my dad was putting the pin in the clevis hitch, and i put the handbrake on(it was on a hill), but i didnt put it on fully, and me being me i forgot to put it out of gear, and i nearly ran my dad over Embarassed Confused i was not in the good books.......
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm lets see...

Drove a tractor through a gate when the brakes failed and I was going too fast.

Knocked a gate post (old railway sleeper) to the ground with a set of 8 ft mounted discs.

Broke our old muckspreader when I was 9 by having the pto flat out and the rotor separated from the body (funny actually!)

Got slurry tanker bogged loads of times, probably about 15 times a year.

Nearly threw my leyland over on the road taking a corner on a hill too sharp.

Broke the axle on our roller by driving through some deep ruts wrong.

And they are all the ones I can remember. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only near misses and optical illustions here.

My life seems to be full of "HOLY sh*t IVE BROKEN THAT.. oh wait it's not broken Shocked that's odd"

Like one time i was convinced that i had just broken one of the supports for the Fertiliser tank with the bucket on the telehandeler (was goin a bit fast and felt a bang) However after cussing my head off and getting out for closer inspection, turns out it had been broken for years. The brick pillar laying on the ground had been there for so long that moss had grown on it. Totally odd and i was convinced i'd be gettin the sack or something.

And a near miss with a wall. Again going too fast in the 6800 i kinda lost control while turning. I was so convinced that i was about to drive through this wall that i closed my eyes and held onto my chest with my arms while stamping on the brakes. To my supprise the engine stalled, brakes snached and instead of ploughing through the wall i was flung to the front of the cab and hit my head on the windscreen. Stopped 4 inches from the wall.

I think generally i'm a luckey person, never damaged anything really. I could have had alot worse...
Davedb
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive not reli hit maney things but i get the tractor and spreader boged down quite frequently the main reason being the tractor is 2wd drive and is a crap gripper. ive had the back wheel of the loader tractor and digger up a few times. ive never broken anything yet hopfuly i wont.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was subsoiling up hill going up and down when back to the farm to feed the cows and fill up i when back i got just half way up and it would not go i put it in def still no so i when in the lowest gear and got up i did about 1 hour of going so slow then i looked to put my ligth on and the 4wd was off i turned it off when i when back to the farm that my blond time

CLICK THE POSTER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Taz 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using the loadall to move some gas cylinders for the dryer and i was going to fast i turned and it was in crab steer mode ? so i was gonna hit a wall so braked and it was like slow motion these 4 gas cylinders just fell, i absalutly crapped myself thankfully no harm done & luckily there was no one else at the farm so pheww.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in the mx 135 n 14 tone henton trailer on it. i unhooked the trailer n drove about 10 meters and slammed the brakes on, looked back and saw that the light plug and tipping pipe pulled it self out but the brake trailer pipe streched. forgot that i didnt unplug them.

i thought i was going to get a right bollacking for it but they just said everyone make mistaking now and then.

Newholland agriculture
jd6410
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkey-mark wrote:
i was in the mx 135 n 14 tone henton trailer on it. i unhooked the trailer n drove about 10 meters and slammed the brakes on, looked back and saw that the light plug and tipping pipe pulled it self out but the brake trailer pipe streched. forgot that i didnt unplug them.

i thought i was going to get a right bollacking for it but they just said everyone make mistaking now and then.

I did that once but with the pto. Its a good job they separate easily. Took the tanker off, went to put the trailer on and noticed it was there while hitching up! Managed to fit it back together before my uncle found out.
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove out of a field last summer, and I went wide on purpose to make sure I didn't scratch the gate as I had done it previously 3 times. However the grass which took the right wheel on the widen turn, wasn't grass ... it was a ditch. I ended up with the 7530 in a ditch (2 wheels), and a huge marshalls trailer blocking the road with a trail of traffic watching and laughing.. Another would be, I came into the yard one night and our yard is very small, it was with the 7530 and a marshall trailer, I tried to turn it around and reverse it onto our small slope.. I had to pull inbetween equipment etc, it was tight. When I reserved back eveything was great ... until I caught the PTO of a brand new Amazon fertilizer spreader on some pallets and it fell over ... Sad clumsy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of them. 2 years ago discing with the 8340 i had just got through fueling it in the field with a tank on the truck and had my girl with me and was being stupid and in a hurry got in the tractor and start off made about half a pass around the field and noticed the water temp was climbing. Well i stop before it got in the red so started to get and went to pull the brake up and well it was already up Embarassed had to wait like 15 min for the water to cool down.

And then last year i was hauling a load of bales on the Case 5140 and was going into a sharp curve and the retarded DHL guy in a pickup was in my lane! And well i shoved it out of gear and both feet on the brakes and he hit the left corner of the bucket and threw his truck across the road and into the ditch and somehow didn't ruin the loader but had to buy a new bucket. BTW he got charged with reckless driving Laughing

http://ncfarmboy16.webs.com/index.htm
http://www.youtube.com/user/NCfarmboy15
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&vanity=marlboro_medium
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
john palmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left the door of the tractor open to let some fresh air in, went to shut it without looking as i was going round a corner and the door swung round shut as i went round the corner and trapped my finger ripped the nail off, blood everywhere not nice! Still dont have a nail back yet! Just like a bloody mess on the end of my finger, but it is improving slowly! When i first did it, it totally mashed the end of my finger, but it has regained shape now!! and is just bloody were the nail used to be!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd6410 wrote:
sparkey-mark wrote:

I did that once but with the pto. Its a good job they separate easily. Took the tanker off, went to put the trailer on and noticed it was there while hitching up! Managed to fit it back together before my uncle found out.
we all done that and ive done it 2 times so but i was p*ssed off when i did do it

CLICK THE POSTER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Farming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: