Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - Forage harvester
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
Forage harvester
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdpowerfarmer
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My example of john deere foragers being good is that i dont have to walk around a 50acre field cutting the maize with a pair of kitchen scissors. and that doesnt look like one of the new foragers casue most of the new ones are prodrive with the sticker above the rear wheels. Dont know what whats in autralia or wether its a new model without prodrive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdpowerfarmer wrote:
My example of john deere foragers being good is that i dont have to walk around a 50acre field cutting the maize with a pair of kitchen scissors. and that doesnt look like one of the new foragers casue most of the new ones are prodrive with the sticker above the rear wheels. Dont know what whats in autralia or wether its a new model without prodrive.

How does that make it better than a Claas, Krone or any other make?
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casue all the people that have come with a nhfx or krone smuut like that cant fit up the lane, thats why we have to have combine with a 10ft header on, but i do also like the class.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-8-10-12 rows..... they are driving over here in september from the John Deere demo-team with the new 7950i harvester with 812 pk and a 12 row Kemper 390plus.

But then, the area's are over here not so big so using a big rowcutter isn't that usefull. Last year at a friends farm they used for the first time a 8-row cutter. Good when the wetter conditions are good here. Worse after it had rained for a time. 1 Month later it wass useless and they had to use the 6 rowcutter. By using that one they could drive a little faster and stuck less in the mudd.....

And my favourite is still the Claas harvester. I don't say Claas is the best one, I just like them. The best reason why: you can harvest maise in the morning and after changing things (cutter for pickup and slide the corncrisp inside backwards) in some minutes you can harvest grass with it. They are just perfect compact. Just my 50 cents Cool
DanielTheFarmer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tento wrote:
6-8-10-12 rows..... they are driving over here in september from the John Deere demo-team with the new 7950i harvester with 812 pk and a 12 row Kemper 390plus.

But then, the area's are over here not so big so using a big rowcutter isn't that usefull. Last year at a friends farm they used for the first time a 8-row cutter. Good when the wetter conditions are good here. Worse after it had rained for a time. 1 Month later it wass useless and they had to use the 6 rowcutter. By using that one they could drive a little faster and stuck less in the mudd.....

There are only two 8 row maize headers down here that I know of. One is ours, and the other is a contractors...

Also we brought the 8-row because we didn't want to be driving fast. And rushing in maize isn't good for the crop.
aka ClaasJaguar900

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont no much bout maize but our contractor just bought this fancy kemper maize header its ment to be better for the crop and light it dont put much weight on the front
Tento

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A demonstration day harvesting maize withe all kind of harvesters:

http://www1.trekkerweb.nl/nl/25251423-%5BLink_page_rechterkolom%5D.html?location=5320051561394754,10336365
PieterG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW very nice john deere and new holland Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More John Deere: 7950i (812HP...!!!) demonstration with the 12-rows-cutter, 10 km's from here:

Pictures and film:

http://www1.trekkerweb.nl/nl/25251423-%5BLink_page_rechterkolom%5D.html?location=5320051561394754,10337008
PieterG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Machines All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: