Joined: 28 Mar 2005
|Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:40 pm Post subject: about the 'Tech Support'
|Here's a little message to clarify what our tech support covers.
Terms and Conditions of the Support Team
Our tech support is here to help with the following issues:
- Downloading problems
- Upgrading problems
- Installation problems
- Display driver problems / Directx problems
- SimTractor Problems and Bugs (For example, Not registering, Not Saving)
- Crashes, Freezes, and other unexpected errors
- Buying/key problems
- website/Forum problems
Our tech support does not cover the following issues, and accepts no responsibility for any of these:
- Loss or Corrouption of Data
- Lost savegames
- Problems with your system due to Graphics driver updates
- Problems with your system due to Direct-x updates
- Problems with your system due to any other 3rd party software
- Problems with installing or using mods or other user created content
- Problems creating mods or skins
- Incompatability with other software
- Old (unsupported) versions (PRE v3.6)
- Problems with other users of the forum..
About the tech support.
The support comprises of a number of skilled forum members with tech support experience. Our experice is very varied and includes knowledge of every Simtractor version, Experience of game development, Experience of computer troubleshooting, experience of network admin/troubleshooting, and alot more.
From time to time you may have a problem that the general support team can't handle. In this case you will be refered to the developer of SimTractor, STDIFFUSIONS. This will be via email contact and may take 24 hours or more for a reply.
Please note, our tech support are volunteers, and are not paid on any commision or salary. Therefore, tech support isn't available 24 hours a day, but we try to reply to every problem within 24 hours, and normal support turn arround is 24 to 72 hours depending on how complex the problem is. Also note that although Support is included in the SimTractor licence, you are in no way entitled to paid support from forum moderators.
Thanks for reading