Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - work experience
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
work experience
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Jobs and services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new holland tm 150

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: work experience Reply with quote

hi , everyone , i was just wondering about where i should go on my work experience , i was think about going to an agri contractor , for 2 weeks , but im wondering will they take me on , im 17years old and have experience driving tractors, thanks
Johndeere3001

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: work experience Reply with quote

new holland tm 150 wrote:
hi , everyone , i was just wondering about where i should go on my work experience , i was think about going to an agri contractor , for 2 weeks , but im wondering will they take me on , im 17years old and have experience driving tractors, thanks

well im only 13 but my dad said go to Australia there lots of place around there that well have work for you but that more 6 months not 2 weeks but do what i would and that is to save up and go with some mates and go to Australia but i really dno its all up to you he said it was some of the greats fun he ever had

CLICK THE POSTER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davedb
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have gt work experience at the end of this year (year 10) i hope to go to either a agri contractor or a farm.
they shud take u on specialy if uve gt ur tractor licence.
jd6410
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to an agri engineer for my work exp. Did it in September. But I was 15 then, so there was a lot of health and safety. Seeming as you are 17 they should take you on if you have a tractor licence. But dont expect them to say yes. Its always good to have a second placement in case you dont get accepted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for replying , who they start me out driving tractors straight away , i have my license nearly 2 years ,
Matt.
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S'all about experience, that determine whether you get straight onto a tractor, however you may then have to prove yourself first.
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I went to an agri engineer for my work exp. Did it in September. But I was 15 then, so there was a lot of health and safety.

I also did mine at the local ernest doe&sons (new holland) and ther was loads of HSE aswell; i wasnt allowed anywhere near the workshop, had to work in parts dept, Rolling Eyes and i got a folder at the beginning that was about 2inches thick that had ALL the risk assessments and safety guidelnes in it which I was supposed to read on the first night Confused Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam19493 wrote:
Quote:
I went to an agri engineer for my work exp. Did it in September. But I was 15 then, so there was a lot of health and safety.

I also did mine at the local ernest doe&sons (new holland) and ther was loads of HSE aswell; i wasnt allowed anywhere near the workshop, had to work in parts dept, Rolling Eyes and i got a folder at the beginning that was about 2inches thick that had ALL the risk assessments and safety guidelnes in it which I was supposed to read on the first night Confused Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question

Yeah that was my main problem as well. However I was allowed in the workshop. But what I cant understand is how can you actually experience the job when you cant go anywhere near the place? If you ask me health and safety needs to be toned down A LOT. And while Im on ranting, political correctness has gone too far as well, but thats off topic.
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh but i suppose you do "experience the world of work"; 5% work, 95% H&S Razz
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose they can't 'tone' down because, Agriculture has a high risk factor, and there are many deaths in the industry every year, which was highlighted in a 2 page spread in the Farmers Weekly not to long ago. I think if a child was injured or killed on work experience on a farm, or something related to agri, then they would be seriously doomed. The rules are there for a reason, and I think without the rules, there could be a lot more accdients due to this.

Just a thought chaps.

Last edited by Matt. on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
adam19493
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i mean i didnt mind because I appreciated that it was for my own good. The schools and businesses probably dont like it either, but if they tone down and someones kid gets hurt, there are many parents who wouldnt waste any time in sueing straight away, so i guess theyre protecting themselves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt7613 wrote:
I suppose they can't 'tone' down because, Agriculture has a high risk factor, and there are many deaths in the industry every year, which was highlighted in a 2 page spread in the Farmers Weekly not to long ago. I think if a child was injured or killed on work experience on a farm, or something related to agri, then they would be seriously doomed. The rules are there for a reason, and I think without the rules, there could be a lot more accdients due to this.

Just a though chaps.

he rigth shame just hope it happons to me or any of use

CLICK THE POSTER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
magill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

I also did mine at the local ernest doe&sons (new holland) and ther was loads of HSE aswell; i wasnt allowed anywhere near the workshop, had to work in parts dept, Rolling Eyes and i got a folder at the beginning that was about 2inches thick that had ALL the risk assessments and safety guidelnes in it which I was supposed to read on the first night Confused Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question[/quote]

ernest doe is on our 7840 it came from england so it mustve came out of your place lol

even tho uv had ur license 2 years it depends how much uv done

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

int to a farm in november to do my secondary school work experience, i was 15 at the start of the week and 16 on the wednesday during the experience the farmer said there are no problems with teenages doing work experience on farms the only thing is that you cant drive anything (so they said anyway)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormzy wrote:
the only thing is that you cant drive anything (so they said anyway)

I guess that limits you to shovelling sh*t Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Jobs and services All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: