Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - Oliver baler
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
Oliver baler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jd2840

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Oliver baler Reply with quote

hey oliver 66! do you happen to know any thing about a oliver 620 baler? someone gave one too us
oliver66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they were a one of the best balers Oliver ever built, there are a ton of them around me, theres on down the road from me im planing on buying sometime soon. If you plan to use it be sure to give it a good once over. Make sure the knotters are good and tight because if there is to much wear in the knotter system it will be the bigest B!tch in your life. Make sure the twine knives are good and sharp to. The berrings that carry the plunger might be bad to so check those. The Roto-Flo system that Oliver had was really good to, it gave a good steady flow of material to the bale chamber without slugging but you better be sure the baler isnt out of time because I have herd that some scary sh!t will happen if it is. The best thing you can do is call the Floyd County museum and get the manuals for it. http://www.olivertractormanuals.org/olivertractormanuals-2.html. They should have everything ya need. I would ask for the parts book, and owners manual. I dont know if they have a shop manual for it or not but you could ask for one of those and see. Get a picture if ya can, i could tell ya what more to look for if I can see the condition of the baler.
jd2840

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliver66 wrote:
Well, they were a one of the best balers Oliver ever built, there are a ton of them around me, theres on down the road from me im planing on buying sometime soon. If you plan to use it be sure to give it a good once over. Make sure the knotters are good and tight because if there is to much wear in the knotter system it will be the bigest B!tch in your life. Make sure the twine knives are good and sharp to. The berrings that carry the plunger might be bad to so check those. The Roto-Flo system that Oliver had was really good to, it gave a good steady flow of material to the bale chamber without slugging but you better be sure the baler isnt out of time because I have herd that some scary sh!t will happen if it is. The best thing you can do is call the Floyd County museum and get the manuals for it. http://www.olivertractormanuals.org/olivertractormanuals-2.html. They should have everything ya need. I would ask for the parts book, and owners manual. I dont know if they have a shop manual for it or not but you could ask for one of those and see. Get a picture if ya can, i could tell ya what more to look for if I can see the condition of the baler.

they did tell us it worked good when they last used it. ill get the manual and keep you updated. thanks for the info Very Happy
Oliver77RowCrop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still own and operate one, it been handed down generation to generation
jd2840

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok awsome. im trying to find a mower and make some hay with mine
littleredtractor
Mod Maker
Mod Maker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont see much oliver stuff over here in the ok if you do its just a tractor with the green and yellow bonnet i think IH here is your oliver

if you want a mod made just ask on the mod wishlist Smile
oliver66

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleredtractor wrote:
you dont see much oliver stuff over here in the ok if you do its just a tractor with the green and yellow bonnet i think IH here is your oliver

There were a few over there. Ive seen a 77 in Turkey, A few 70s in russia and one in Britian, a 770 military special in the Netherlands and some old hart parrs all over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Machines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: