Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - November Update
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
November Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: November Update Reply with quote

We finished chisel plowing the stubble. We also got a trimble ez guide plus gps system that works great. Once we got done with the plowing we took the duals off and put the "new to us" 3pt blade for snow removal
There is also a video of chiseling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-2JMh_vOts

Last edited by 114491 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Matt.
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they are impressive pictures Smile

I wouldn't of guessed you had snow on the ground by those field pictures. Or I'm totally stupid and tired and there isn't. Haha

Anyway, love the pictures, keep um coming Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Here's some more Reply with quote

T6080

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pictures.great to see how others farm.
Matt.
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That GPS seems to be going a good job Smile
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye i dont like gps but thats my personnal opinion. Got a question for you 114491 how safe does the tractor feel at 20 odd mph? Because every 2wd tractor iv driven is a bit this way and that but they werent that brilliant.!
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used GPS, but hopefully I will next year! And I cannot stand 2WD tractors!
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither can i but it does the job for him, we never will use gps probably at our place> we can drive in straight lines and follow contours without a computer to tell us how to. My mate ahs starfire cause they area rable but whenever the workman uses the tractor it is unplugeed and put somewhere out he way. the one biit of gps i dont mind is the light bar that goes on the dash I think that is good for combining on smaller establishments.
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not just about driving a straight line, its about optimum fuel use and stuff. no one can honestly say they can keep to within 10cm of the last pass everytime. normally theres about 30cm-ish overlap, which, added up across the field, maybe results in about 2or more extra passes, wich accumulates over the farm to a considerable amount of double passes, for all cultivating and stuff. that means wasted fuel, wasted time that the operator has spent, unnecessary wear on components etc. also helps the save time, cos smaller headlands can be used like in the pics, because a row is skipped every time. people just think the idea is crap cos they want to be stubborn and not be helped by a computer. computers arent all bad
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yepp we have a light bar on the combine which isn't used, it is most likely going to be put on the SANDS sprayer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why i think that gps is a good idea aswell adam.the only thing that is negative about it is the price right now but if it is spread across a large farm then it is worthwhile in savings on inputs.
Matt.
aka Groova
aka Groova

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think would most definately be beneficial on a farm like where I work. I know when I was on the challenger + solo I would always overlap, where as if I had GPS i would of saved time and fuel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im the same. whenever im doing something like that i tend to overlap rather than miss bits.
jdpowerfarmer
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam19493 wrote:
its not just about driving a straight line, its about optimum fuel use and stuff. no one can honestly say they can keep to within 10cm of the last pass everytime. normally theres about 30cm-ish overlap, which, added up across the field, maybe results in about 2or more extra passes, wich accumulates over the farm to a considerable amount of double passes, for all cultivating and stuff. that means wasted fuel, wasted time that the operator has spent, unnecessary wear on components etc. also helps the save time, cos smaller headlands can be used like in the pics, because a row is skipped every time. people just think the idea is crap cos they want to be stubborn and not be helped by a computer. computers arent all bad

Not that we want to be stubborn, thats not the case its the point of we dont want any moe computers in the tractor, expensive, pointless for us to have them for thae amount we do, our milk cheque is quite frankly rubbish, and I did some calculations the other day and they wouldnt save nough money on fuel or wear and tear.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice photos mate. I think i saw them on combine forums already but i didnt comment. but yeah looks good what ur doing. I like the GPS. We have greenstar 2.

What a lot of you guys have gotta realise is that we dont just use it cause were lazy and want straight runs. We trying to be more efficient and cut costs. We are also running controlled trafficing which requires precision farming to work. These are all no-till practises. I like gps. It makes our farm neat and not only that, it helps us with cutting costs and improving our ways of farming. With the yeild mapping system its a great benifit. So yeah i wouldnt go back from Gps. We need to do watever we can to cut costs and be more efficient
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Farming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: