Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - Files 4 Farmers closing
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
Files 4 Farmers closing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Napalm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Files 4 Farmers closing Reply with quote

Guys,

I have made a decision to close files4farmers aka simtractor.net down for good. I have a number of commitments which no longer free up the time required to maintain and enhance the website. Along with the fact that the website is slowly dying of traffic there is no point prolonging it. There are a number of great websites out there still but our time has come. I can look towards new projects and learning new skills.

It has been a great 5 years and i have enjoyed every minute of it. I will be looking at taking the website down over the next few days.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Gaz
RedForkFarmer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks!!! Crying or Very sad It was a great website that I got many of my skins and mods from.

Best of luck to you though!
littleredtractor
Mod Maker
Mod Maker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear this gaz i supose it was a great website when st had tons of players and you were getting many downloads a day but times have sadly changed maybe sometime in the futre we might see a new version of files for farmers

if you want a mod made just ask on the mod wishlist Smile
JohnDeereJunkie
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just cause I am not overly familiar w/ downloading mods for this game, are there any other webistes to get mods from?
AgraTank
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT? This is so...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are all the mods gunna go
SamN
Mod Maker - 231607
Mod Maker - 231607

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah this is a bit unfortunate i suppose, i downloaded and uploaded my mods and skins to it. i suppose the content will be deleted as it is all copyrighted by the authors. im not really surprised though due to the lack of ST and with i love simtractor-UK doing the mods for the other game. it is probably just as well as some people have been uploading my mods as their own work. i may upload my mods somwhere else if there is enough demand and if ST picks up again.

SamN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamN contact me on msn , i have one question for you about L.S Cool

Cmpunk28@hotmail.fr

thnx

maurice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Files 4 Farmers closing Reply with quote

Napalm wrote:
Guys,

I have made a decision to close files4farmers aka simtractor.net down for good. I have a number of commitments which no longer free up the time required to maintain and enhance the website. Along with the fact that the website is slowly dying of traffic there is no point prolonging it. There are a number of great websites out there still but our time has come. I can look towards new projects and learning new skills.

It has been a great 5 years and i have enjoyed every minute of it. I will be looking at taking the website down over the next few days.

Gaz

Aw! Sorry to hear Gaz... Say thanks to Craig for making the good skins in the past! We'll miss them... Sadly its closing... Hope you'll get even more skills and bigger projects in the future! Have fun and take care Gaz! And thanks again Smile We'll miss you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is very odd, I guess I didn't realize how slow business was getting on files4farmers. I wonder how much money it would take to purchase the rights to the website?

I realized I need to put my Midwestern farm layout mods somewhere else also. Problem is, a lot of those other websites are in German or some other language. I might have to take German next semester haha...
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Files 4 Farmers closing Reply with quote

Napalm wrote:
Guys,

Gaz

Sorry to hear this Gaz, traffic sure is declining. All the best for the future!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry to hear this, it was the first addons place about SimTractor.

I have talked with Gaz about the website content, we plan to upload the files in a specific folder at SimTractor.com (and probably classified folder by folder). So, you could still download addons/skins there.

Ben
JohnDeereJunkie
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!!!!!!!! Thanks to Ben and Gaz for doin that!
AgraTank
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ben!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL....guess I downloaded ALL the tractor mods for no reason! I was thinking I would download them just in case I ever wanted them and couldnt find them on other websites.

Haha well it is nice to have several brands installed in my game, makes the dealership more intresting.

Thank you Gaz and Ben for your cooperation in moving the files to Simtractor.com Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Mods V4 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: