Logo

SimTractor.com :: View topic - work wanted
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   
work wanted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Jobs and services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormzy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: work wanted Reply with quote

has anyone got any sugestions on were i could work dueing the summer hollidays, im 15 so are there any restrictions on what i can do
supercally4
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to get a job at a dealers, but i dont no if they will take you if your 15, dont no about any farms, but if you might have to go work some where als till your 16 then look for farm jobs again

Stormzy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah suppose, im going out this later to look for some work.
tractor man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being 15 is ristricting because you can't really work on a farm because you can't legally drive a tractor on the road, and you couldn't get contractor work because when you are 16 and passed your tractor test you are restricted to pull 750 kg so your best of looking for a different job like at a dealers like suppercally4 sugested, i had the same problem

Last edited by tractor man on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
supercally4
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but i dont no if they will take you, for insurance well im going to ask the dealers for a job when i get the guts to do it Laughing il see what they say

conor wade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the worst that can happe? they might say no but they might say ye sure come down for an interview as soon as some one answers the phone you'll forget your nervous so ring them tomorrow and tell us how you get on and good luck Razz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Fact Reply with quote

i work on a farm yet i am only 14 if you think it is like the game you will have another thing coming, i have worked on the family farm since the age of 4 getting the cows in for milking. now i drive tractors and ect
Do you live on a farm like me or do any of your parents work on a farm?
if not i suggest the Dealer job very much like the others

p.s don't expect when your on the farm to go bale carting or combining. you may be topping but most of the time it will be labour
JohnDeerBoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u could get work as a stockman dont need to be driving tractors on the road realy for that.
Jacob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont you have to be a certain age to work with stock, unless its your own farm (privately owned)
DavoFozter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard about this. My dad is a cattle dealer and farmer in the north west of england and we must keep 600 beef cattle and 50 breeding cattle and i have been working with these since i was 6 but yet if i apporuched somebody about a job for the summer as i am only 15 and cant drive on road legally yet, they refuse as i am not 16 and this really pi**es me off Evil or Very Mad
Midwest Farmer
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here in the us the rules are a little different. You can drive a pickup truck or tractor below 25 MPH as long as it is for farm use. Once your 16 and have a liscense you can drive a semi for farm use, even across state lines, you dont even need your CDL(commercial drivers liscense). And the product that your hauling has to be owned by the farmer your working for. so it is pretty easy finding a job during busy times of the year. Even if your not driving stuff you could be mowing grass, shoveling bins, and all sorts of odd jobs just to save the farmer time to finish planting, harvesting, etc.
jd6410
Quality Poster
Quality Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i wish rules and regulations were that relaxed in the uk!! we seem to have been hit with health and safety crap!!! you cant do anything without having a licence, cant bury fallen stock, cant burn plastic (well, when i say cant!! Very Happy ) Its rediculous and is killing the country.
DanielTheFarmer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd 6410, thats defera for you;
and well, i know what you mean, unless your family own a farm;
then its impossible to get a job untill your 16;
so well, as iv been helping since i cant remember,
e.g. geting cows in for milking etc
so, well i just help at the mo. scraping up the yard, loading straw/sillage on the flat beds in the fields ocasionaly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: work wanted Reply with quote

Stormzy wrote:
has anyone got any sugestions on were i could work dueing the summer hollidays, im 15 so are there any restrictions on what i can do

Hi Stormzy, being 15 is a real pain as you can not really do much. As many reply's have stated there are many Health and Safety regulations on modern farms that the farm owner/manager must adhere to or risk prosecution if the H&S Executive was to visit and these regulations where being broken.

Unfortunately your best bet is to wait until you are 16 at least when you could then get a job on a small scale farm or holding, even then you will properly not be able to drive farm vehicles for them, you might depending on what vehicle it is and what internal policy that company has. But even if you are not driving vehicles or tractors you are getting valuable experience about operations of modern farms, you may also depending on the company policy as well be able to ride along with one of the other tractor drivers. I know here in the UK you are restricted in a tractor to carrying passengers to and from company jobs, unless there is a proper manufacturer passenger seat fitted.

Although once you get your driving or tractor license you will find getting work a lot easier, farms are always looking for harvest workers and harvest tractor drivers in the summer months, they are long hours but good pay. And from then on its upwards as you are always getting more experience.

I am sorry that I could not help any more and hope that this gives you a better idea as to what you need to do. Also I am stating from my past experiences in the UK, if you do not live in the UK some of what I have said may not apply. Wink

Please correct me if I have said something wrong.
DanielTheFarmer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tractor man wrote:
Being 15 is ristricting because you can't really work on a farm because you can't legally drive a tractor on the road, and you couldn't get contractor work because when you are 16 and passed your tractor test you are restricted to pull 750 kg

wow, i wouldn't be able to put are new buck rake on a flat bed trailer and transport it around, as well, it ways a ton Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SimTractor.com Forum Index -> Jobs and services All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: